The Department of Education has required that all applicants requiring fingerprinting for school employment will utilize a Live Scan Fingerprinting Service to meet statutory requirements. As of July 1, 2002, the following procedures for fingerprinting are as follows:
- Contact Sagem Morpho at their toll free number (1-877-503-5981) Monday through Saturday (9:00 am to 5:00 pm) to schedule a time and place to be fingerprinted. Sagem Morpho is responsible for granting appointments within seven (7) business days of the request, and at a location that is within a 20-mile radius of the applicant’s residence or place of employment. For Spanish speaking applicants and TTY capabilities, please call (1-800-673-0353).
- At the time of fingerprinting, the attached forms must be presented to the technician. It is very important that all information is accurate for the fingerprints to be properly processed and returned to the Criminal History Review Unit.
- When contact is made with Sagem Morpho, you must provide the following information to the operator:
- ORI Number: NJ930100Z (Department of Education)
- Contributor Case Number: 23, 2150 (county, district code)
- Category: EDK Document Type:R B 1
- State Statuteprior Requiring Fingerprinting: N.J.S.A. 18A:6-7.2 (Public School Employment)
- Reason Fingerprinted: "Public School Employment" (Please say this verbatim when you call)
- In addition, the Sagem Morpho operator will ask the caller for their personal information; address, telephone number, social security number, date of birth, place of birth, height, weight, hair and eye color, and alias or maiden name.
- Prior to being fingerprinted, you must present a current photo identification. Acceptable forms of identification include: federal/state/county/municipal photo identification card, a photo driver’s license, or a passport.
- Under current statute, applicants are required to pay the cost of fingerprinting. Payment will be made to the technician at the Sagem Morpho site at the time of fingerprinting. The current fee is $78.00, and accepted forms of payment are personal checks, credit cards, and money orders. No cash will be accepted.